Features and Benefits
- Analog Control Charge Current, Voltage, and Input Source Current
- Monitor Outputs
- AC Adapter Current/Battery Discharge Current
- AC Adapter Presence
- Valid Step-Down Converter Output Voltages
- 5V, Up to 8A Step-Down Converter Outputs
- 3.3V, Up to 8A Step-Down Converter Outputs
- 5V, 3.3V Linear Regulator Outputs
- Automatic Power-Source Selection
- Up to 17.5V (4-Cell) Battery Voltage
- 8V to 22V Input Operation
- 4A Input Current Limit
- System Short-Circuit Protection
- Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limit
- Up to 1.4MHz Frequency Operation (Charger)
- Multichemistry Battery Charger
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX17085B evaluation kit (EV kit) is a complete and fully assembled and tested PCB that features the MAX17085B IC, a highly integrated, multichemistry battery-charger controller with dual step-down converters and dual LDOs. The EV kit is capable of supplying power to a system load while simultaneously charging multichemistry battery packs. During operation, the EV kit circuit automatically selects the ADAPTER input or the battery as the main power source for supplying power to the system load and step-down converters. Whenever the EV kit circuit current limit is exceeded, the battery-charge current is reduced automatically, giving priority to the system load and converters.
The EV kit's input source-current limit, battery-charge voltage, maximum battery-charge current threshold, and output current limit on the step-down converters are configurable. These thresholds are adjusted by using on-board circuitry, or by connecting analog signals to the EV kit. Digital output signals indicate the presence of a valid ADAPTER and valid step-down converter voltages. An analog output signal indicates the total current drawn from either the adapter or the battery.
- 2-to-4, Li+-Cell, Battery-Powered Devices
- 5V and 3.3V Supplies
- Notebook Computers
- PDAs and Mobile Communicators
Documentation & Resources
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.