Features and Benefits
- 2.7V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range
- Dual Outputs (1.2V at 1.5A, 1.8V at 1.5A)
- Fixed 2.2MHz Switching Frequency
- Forced-PWM and Skip-Mode Operation
- External Synchronization
- High Efficiency
- Power-Good Outputs (PG1, PG2)
- Overcurrent and Thermal-Shutdown Protection
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX16963 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested circuit board that evaluates the MAX16963 dual synchronous step-down converter IC with integrated high-side and low-side switches. The EV kit output is configured for 1.2V and 1.8V outputs up to 1.5A each. The EV kit circuit operates at the IC’s internally set 2.2MHz switching frequency and features PCB pads to monitor the IC power-good output signals (PG1, PG2) and jumpers to enable the EV kit outputs (EN1, EN2).
The MAX16963 EV kit is designed to operate from a single DC power supply that is capable of up to 5.5V at 3A for full range operation. The EV kit is shipped with a MAX16963RAUEA/V+ IC in a 16-pin TSSOP package with exposed pad.
- Automotive Postregulation
- Point-of-Load Applications