Features and Benefits
- Three Independent Channels for Driving High-Brightness LEDs
- 100mA LED Current per Channel
- Three Independent PWM Inputs
- PWM Dimming Control Up to 10kHz
- Operates from a 5V to 40V Supply
- Supply Input Chopper Circuit
- Capability for Cascading Multiple Kits
- Proven PCB and Thermal Design
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX16839 evaluation kit (EV kit) demonstrates three separate high-voltage, single-channel, linear high-brightness LED (HB LED) drivers using the MAX16839 IC. This EV kit is configured to supply an HB LED current of 100mA per channel and operates from a 5V to 40V rated power supply providing up to 300mA. The EV kit can withstand a 45V automotive load-dump condition. An input switch is included to evaluate pulse-width-modulation (PWM) driving with supply chopping.
The EV kit eases evaluation of the MAX16839 PWM dimming-control feature by providing three independent PWM inputs to all three channels. Each PWM input accepts a digital signal up to 10kHz. Additionally, multiple EV kits can be cascaded by using the MAX16839 FLTS signals. An input common-mode choke is also provided to facilitate EMI immunity testing.
- Automotive Exterior: Turn Signal Light, Brake Light, Tail and Marker Lights
- Automotive Interior: Cluster and Warning Lights, Dome and Map Lights
- General Lighting: Signage, LED Lamps
- Truck, Train, Airplane, and Emergency Car LED Lighting
Documentation & Resources
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.