Features and Benefits
- Battery Range:
- 5.2V to 20V (MAX1630)
- 5.2V to 28V (MAX1631)
- 6.5V to 28V (MAX1632)
- 3.3V at 3A
- 12V at 120mA
- 5V at 3A
- 5V at 30mA Keep-Alive
- 1:4 Transformer (MAX1630)
1:2.2 Transformer (MAX1632)
- Adjustable 2.5V to 5.5V Outputs (optional resistor divider)
- Precision 2.5V Reference Output
- Oscillator Sync Input
- Low-Noise Mode Control Input (active-low SKIP)
- Power-Good Monitor (active-low RESET output)
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX1630/MAX1631/MAX1632 evaluation kits (EV kits) each consist of one of three preassembled and tested evaluation boards (EV boards) that embody the standard application circuits. The MAX1630 and MAX1632 EV boards provide the triple-output 3.3V/5V/12V circuit, and the MAX1631 EV board provides the dual-output 3.3V/5V circuit.
All three use the same PC board but have different components to accommodate different input voltage ranges. The main differences between the MAX1630 and MAX1632 EV boards are in the turns ratio (1:4 or 1:2.2) and in the location of the transformer connection (3.3V side or 5V side). Connecting the transformer to the 3.3V side allows lower input voltage. Connecting the transformer to the 5V side provides slightly better efficiency and lower stress voltages.
These circuits are configured to deliver up to 3A of output current on each of the main PWM outputs with greater than 90% efficiency. The MAX1630/MAX1631/MAX1632 EV kits can also be used to evaluate other output voltages.
- Desktop CPU Local DC-DC Converters
- Notebook and Subnotebook Computers
- PDAs and Mobile Communicators