Features and Benefits
- 2.8V to 5.5V Supply Voltage Range
- 70V Output Voltage (Approximate)
- 0 to 4mA Output Current
- Demonstrates APD Fast Current Limit
- Demonstrates Undervoltage Lockout
- Demonstrates Thermal-Shutdown Feature
- MOUT Output Overvoltage Protection Through Clamping Circuit
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX15059 evaluation kit (EV kit) demonstrates the MAX15059 APD biasing pulse-width modulation (PWM) step-up DC-DC converter with an internal power switch, current monitor, and adjustable current limiting. The step-up converter switches at 400kHz. The EV kit operates from a DC supply voltage of 2.8V to 5.5V and is configured to deliver approximately 70V, and 0 to 4mA of current at the output. The output voltage can be configured from VIN + 5V to 76V by replacing a resistor or adjusting the CNTRL voltage. The EV kit demonstrates the IC's APD fast current-limit, undervoltage-lockout (UVLO), and thermal-shutdown features.
The EV kit also features an APD input load-simulator circuit for current monitoring and step-response measurements.
The EV kit comes with the MAX15059AETE+ installed, but can also be used to evaluate the MAX15059BETE+.
Warning: Voltages exceeding 42V may exist on the VOUT, APD, MOUT, and PGND PCB pads.
- Avalanche Photodiode Biasing and Monitoring
- FBON Modules
- GPON Modules
- Low-Noise Varactor Diode Bias Supply
- PIN Diode Bias Supply
Documentation & Resources
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.