Features and Benefits
- Triple-Output Power Supply
- VOUT1 (3.3V, 3A)
- VOUT2 (1.8V, 3A)
- VOUT3 (1.2V, 6A)
- 5.5V to 16V Input-Voltage Operation (Design Optimized for 12V Input)
- Optional 4.5V to 5.5V Input-Voltage Operation
- 500kHz Switching Frequency per Converter
- Programmable Switching Frequency Up to 1.2MHz
- Sequencing Operation (Tracking Possible with Component Changes)
- PGOOD Power Monitoring
- Small 1.5in x 1in Circuit Footprint
- 92.8% Peak Efficiency for OUT1
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX15049 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested PCB that demonstrates the capabilities of the MAX15049. The MAX15049 is a high-performance, triple-output synchronous buck controller with sequencing capability. The EV kit requires a 5V to 16V (12V, typ) DC input-voltage range for normal operation.
The MAX15049 EV kit outputs are configured for 3.3V, 1.8V, and 1.2V. They provide a load current of 3A, 3A, and 6A, respectively. The EV kit's switching frequency is set to 500kHz, but can be programmed up to 1.2MHz by replacing a resistor. The EV kit comes configured for sequencing (MAX15049) and is capable of prebias startup. The EV kit can also be used to evaluate the MAX15048 for tracking applications by changing a few components. The PGOOD logic signal output pad is provided for circuit monitoring.
The MAX15049 EV kit comes with a MAX15049ETJ+ installed. To evaluate the MAX15048, contact the factory for samples of the pin-compatible MAX15048ETJ+.
- ASIC/CPU/DSP Core and I/O Voltages
- Base-Station Power Supplies
- DDR Power Supply
- Point-of-Load DC-DC Converters
- RAID Control Power Supplies
- Set-Top Boxes
- Telecom and Networking Power Supplies