Features and Benefits
- Simple Stand-Alone Li+ or NiMH/NiCd Battery Charger
- Safely Precharges Deeply Discharged Li+ Cells
- 4.5V to 13V Input Voltage Range
- 6.5V Overvoltage Protection Threshold
- Programmable Charging Modes
- Programmable Battery Voltage Levels
- Programmable Top-Off Charging Thresholds
- Programmable Safety Timer
- Programmable Die Temperature Regulation Set-Points
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX1501 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a complete, fully assembled and tested circuit board that demonstrates the highly integrated MAX1501 linear battery charger for a single-cell lithium-ion (Li+) or a 3-cell NiMH/NiCd battery. The EV kit safely charges a single Li+ battery to 4.1V or 4.2V or a 3-cell NiMH/NiCd to 4.5V or 4.95V (4.95V must collaborate with the microprocessor control). The EV kit accepts a power-supply input of 4.5V to 13V, but disables charging when the input voltage exceeds 6.5V. Jumpers on the EV kit allow adjustments to the total charging time, battery voltage levels, top-off current, die temperature regulation levels, and charging modes. LEDs on the board indicate the status of the charging cycle.
- Bluetooth® Equipment
- Cell Phones/Cordless Phones
- Charging Cradles and Docks
- Digital Cameras and MP3 Players
- USB Appliances
Documentation & Resources
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.