Features and Benefits
- 24 GHz to 24.25 GHz MIMO FMCW radar
- Flexible FMCW measurement timing
- Suitable for target detection and tracking
- Range resolution of 60 cm, range = 100 m (for RCS = 1 m2)
- 3 dB beam width = 75° in azimuth and 15° in elevation, azimuth resolution using MIMO angle estimation = 20°
- 1 PCB, 85 mm × 55 mm
- 2 front side transmit antennas
- 4 front side receive antennas
- Reverse side ADF5901 24 GHz transmit monolithic microwave integrated circuit (MMIC)
- Reverse side ADF5904 24 GHz receive MMIC
- Reverse side ADF4159 13 GHz phase-locked loop (PLL)
- Reverse side ADAR7251 16-bit, 4-channel ADC
- Reverse side ADSP-BF706 Blackfin DSP
- Accompanying software controls all functions from a PC
- Externally powered via the USB connection
The EV-TINYRAD24G is a radar evaluation module that allows the implementation and testing of radar sensing applications in the 24 GHz industrial, scientific, and medical (ISM) band. The EV-TINYRAD24G uses frequency modulated continuous wave (FMCW) radio signals and an integrated antenna array in a multiple input multiple output (MIMO) radar scheme. The combined antennas, similar to digital beamforming (DBF), allow the TINYRAD module to detect the distance, speed, and angular position of multiple targets simultaneously. The raw analog-to-digital converter (ADC) data is forwarded by the onboard Blackfin® ADSP-BF706 digital signal processor (DSP) to the PC. The PC evaluation software, with an included graphical user interface (GUI), performs radar signal processing steps to yield radar point clouds that can be visualized as range doppler or range angle plots. The radar algorithms are also available as MATLAB™ and Python™ code and enable quick development of user defined, application specific code.
Markets and Technologies
Documentation & Resources
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.