Features and Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board for the ADP5040 or ADP5041
- Simple device measurements, including line and load regulation demonstrable with
- A single voltage supply
- A voltage meter
- A current meter
- Load resistors
- Easy access to external components
- Cascading options to supply LDO regulators from the buck
- Dedicated enable option for each channel
- Mode option to change bucks from PFM to PWM operation
- Voltage monitoring and watchdog for ADP5041
The evaluation board shown in Figure 1 in the user guide is configured for the ADP5040 (the assembly for the ADP5041 is not included), but the board can be used for evaluation of the ADP5041. The ADP5040 and ADP5041 have one step-down regulator and two low dropout (LDO) regulators (LDO1 and LDO2).
The evaluation board also allows the evaluation of supervisory functions for the ADP5041. The evaluation board is available in standard voltage options and it can be reconfigured to user specific voltage options by replacing the assembled resistor networks (R2/R3, R4/R5, and R9/R10) as shown in Figure 11 and Figure 12 in the user guide. Voltage monitoring can also be performed in the ADP5041, as shown in Figure 4 in the user guide.
Full details on the ADP5040 and ADP5041 are provided in the ADP5040 and ADP5041 data sheets available from Analog Devices, Inc., which must be consulted in conjunction with this evaluation board user guide.
- A dc power supply
- Digital multimeter
- Electronic load