Features and Benefits
- Evaluation board designed to be used with accompanying software to implement a fully functional 3-phase energy meter
- Easy connection of external transducers via screw terminals
- Easy modification of signal conditioning components using PCB sockets
- LED indicators on the CF1, CF2, CF3, IRQ0, and IRQ1 logic outputs
- Digitally isolated metering components and USB-based communication with a PC
- External voltage reference option available for on-chip reference evaluation
- PC COM port-based firmware updates
Product DetailsThe ADE7854A/ADE7858A/ADE7868A/ADE7878A are high accuracy, 3-phase electrical energy measurement ICs with serial interfaces and three flexible pulse outputs. These ICs incorporate second-order sigma-delta (Σ-Δ) analog-to-digital converters (ADCs), a digital integrator, reference circuitry, and all of the signal processing required to perform the total (fundamental and harmonic) active and apparent energy measurements, rms calculations, and fundamental-only active and reactive energy measurements.
This user guide describes the evaluation kit hardware, firmware,and software functionality. The evaluation board contains an IC and an LPC2368 microcontroller from NXP Semiconductors. The energy metering IC and its associated metering components are digitally isolated from the microcontroller. The microcontroller communicates with the PC using a USB interface.
The EVAL-ADE7878AEBZ and this user guide, together with the ADE7854A/ADE7858A/ADE7868A/ADE7878A data sheet, provide a complete evaluation platform for the ADE7854A/ADE7858A/ADE7868A/ADE7878A.
The evaluation board has been designed so that the ADE7854A/ ADE7858A/ADE7868A/ADE7878A can be evaluated as an energy meter. Using appropriate current transducers, the evaluation board can be connected to a test bench or high voltage (240 V rms) test circuit. On-board resistor divider networks provide the attenuation for the line voltages.
The user guide describes how to connect the current transducers for the best performance. The evaluation board requires one external power supply of 3.3 V applied to the P9 connector. Appropriate current transducers are also required.
Documentation & Resources
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.