Features and Benefits
- Fully functional evaluation boards for the AD9988
- PC software for control with analysis, control, evaluate (ACE) software On-board clocking provided by the HMC7044 manages device and FPGA clocking
- Option to switch to external direct clocking
The user guide describes the AD9081-FMCA-EBZ, AD9082-FMCA-EBZ, AD9986-FMCB-EBZ, and AD9988-FMCB-EBZ evaluation boards, which provide all of the support circuitry required to operate the AD9081, AD9082, AD9986, AD9988, AD9207, AD9209, or AD9177 in their various modes and configurations. The application software used to interface with the devices is also described. These evaluation boards connect to the Analog Devices, Inc., ADS9-V2EBZ for evaluation with the ACE software.
These evaluation boards can also interface to commercially available field-programmable gate array (FPGA) development boards from Xilinx® or Intel®. Information on how to use these platforms to evaluate the AD9081 or the AD9082 is available in the Using the AD-FMC-SDCARD section.
The ACE software allows the user to set up the MxFE® in various modes and to capture analog-to-digital converter(ADC) data for analysis. The DPGDownloaderLite software (included in ACE installation) generates and transmits vectors to the digital-to-analog converters (DACs), which can then be sent to a spectrum analyzer for further analysis.
For additional information, see the AD9081, AD9082, AD9986, AD9988, AD9207, AD9209, or AD9177 data sheets and the UG-1578, the device user guide, which must be consulted in conjunction with the user guide when using the evaluation boards.
ADDITIONAL HARDWARE NEEDED
- ADS9-V2EBZ FPGA-based data capture board
- Signal generator for analog input
- Spectrum analyzer (to measure DAC output) SMA cable SMA female to female adapter (optional)
- Ethernet to USB adapter (optional)
- PC with USB port and Ethernet port Windows 7 or newer operating system
- Analysis, control, evaluate (ACE) software
- DPGDownloaderLite software (included in ACE installation)
- WinSCP (or similar Telnet software)
- AD9081, AD9082, AD9986, AD9988, AD9207, AD9209, or AD9177 data sheet
- ADS9-V2EBZ user guide
- ACE software documentation
- Serial Control Interface Standard (Rev 1.0)
- AN-835, Understanding High Speed ADC Testing and Evaluation
Documentation & Resources
EVAL-AD9988 / AD9986 - Schematics2/4/2022
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.