Features and Benefits
- Simple power connection using USB connection and on-board LDO voltage regulators
- LDOs are easily bypassed for power measurements
- AC-coupled differential LVPECL SMA connectors
- SMA connectors for
- 1 reference input
- 1 PLL lock detect output
- Microsoft Windows®–based evaluation software with simple graphical user interface
- On-board PLL loop filter
- Easy access to digital I/O and diagnostic signals via I/O header
- Status LEDs for diagnostic signals
- USB computer interface
- Dip switch configurable for manual operation
- Software calculator provides flexibility, allowing programming almost any rational input/output frequency ratio
The AD9552 evaluation board is a compact, easy to use platform for evaluating all features of the AD9552 oscillator frequency upconverter.
The AD9552 is a fractional-N phase-locked loop (PLL) based clock generator designed specifically to replace high frequency crystal oscillators and resonators. The device employs a sigmadelta (Σ-Δ) modulator (SDM) to accommodate fractional frequency synthesis. The user supplies an input reference signal by connecting a single-ended clock signal directly to the REF pin or by connecting a crystal resonator across the XTAL pins.
The AD9552 is pin programmable, providing one of 64 standard output frequencies based on one of eight standard input frequencies. The device also has a 3-wire SPI interface, enabling the user to program custom input-to-output frequency ratios.
The AD9552 relies on an external capacitor to complete the loop filter of the PLL. The output is compatible with LVPECL, LVDS, or single-ended CMOS logic levels, although the AD9552 is implemented in a strictly CMOS process.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.