Features and Benefits
- Wide input voltage range: from 5V to 38V
- High load current, up to 20A
- Extremely low quiescent current: 15μA in sleep mode and as low as 1μA at shutdown
- Ability to select spread spectrum or fixed frequency
- Selectable pulse-skipping, forced continuous operation or low ripple Burst Mode® operation at light loads
- Synchronization with external clock
- The DC2834A supports RSENSE or inductor DCR current sensing (optional).
Demonstration circuit DC2834A is a DC/DC synchronous step-down converter featuring the LTC7803 (MSE package), a spread spectrum or constant frequency current mode synchronous step-down controller. The DC2834A generates a 3.3V of output voltage.
The 500kHz constant switching frequency operation results in a small and efficient circuit.
The converter provides high output voltage accuracy (typically ±2%) over wide load range with no minimum load requirement.
The DC2834A supports two ways of biasing the controller: directly from the input voltage or output rail through EXTVCC. The third possibility is connecting an external voltage source to EXTVCC terminal.
The DC2834A supports extremely wide switching frequency range from 100kHz to 3MHz. The spread spectrum operation reduces the peak radiated and conducted noise to simplify compliance with electromagnetic interference (EMI) standards.
The DC2834A has a small circuit footprint, is a high performance and high density solution for telecom, automotive and Power over Ethernet applications.