DC1822B - Schematic4/17/2019
Features and Benefits
- Remote sensing for each output, where the divider is placed before a high input impedance differential amplifier.
- CLKIN and CLKOUT pins.
- Optional resistors to tie the two outputs together.
- Connector and header to tie two or more boards together for up to 12-phase operation.
- Optional footprint for an LTC4449 gate driver and discrete MOSFETs.
- Optional footprint for a dual phase Delta power block.
Demonstration circuit 1822B is a dual output synchronous buck converter featuring the LTC3861EUHE. The board provides two outputs of 1.5V/25A and 1.2V/25A from an input voltage of 7V to 14V at a switching frequency of 500kHz. The power stage consists of a 6mm × 6mm DrMOS and a 13mm × 13mm iron powder type inductor. An on-board 5V LT3470 buck regulator provides the 5V bias for the LTC3861 and the DrMOS.
The demo board uses a high density, two sided drop-in layout. The power components, excluding the bulk output and input capacitors, fit within a 1.5" × 1.2" area on the top layer. The control circuit fits in a 1.1" × 1.0" area on the bottom layer. The package style for the LTC3861EUHE is a 36-lead 5mm × 6mm QFN.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.