Features and Benefits
- Easy evaluation of ADM3065E 50 Mbps RS-485 transceiver
- Board layouts for standard half duplex RS-485 footprints
- 8-lead, SOIC, ADM3065EBRZ (EVAL-ADM3065EEBZ)
- 8-lead, MSOP, ADM3065EBRMZ (EVAL-ADM3065EEB1Z)
- Power/ground connections through screw terminal block
- 3.0 V to 5.5 V operating voltage range on VCC
- IEC ESD protection on the RS-485 A and B bus pins
- ±12 kV contact discharge and ±12 kV air gap discharge
- Screw terminal blocks for logic input/output and RS-485 signals
- Jumper-selectable enable/disable for RE and DE
- Test points for measuring all signals
- Resistors and footprints for termination and biasing networks
The EVAL-ADM3065EEBZ and EVAL-ADM3065EEB1Z allow quick and easy evaluation of the ADM3065E 50 Mbps RS-485 transceiver with standard SOIC and MSOP footprints respectively. The evaluation boards allow the input and output functions to be exercised without external components. Screw terminal blocks provide convenient connections for power and ground, digital input and output, and RS-485 signals. The evaluation boards can be powered by a standard configurable bench power supply within a 3 V to 5 V range.
The EVAL-ADM3065EEBZ evaluation board has a footprint for the ADM3065EBRZ half duplex RS-485 transceiver in an 8-lead SOIC package. The EVAL-ADM3065EEB1Z evaluation board has a footprint for a full duplex RS-485 transceiver in an 8-lead MSOP package.
Complete specifications for the ADM3065E device are provided in the ADM3065E data sheet and should be consulted in conjunction with UG-1000 when using the evaluation board.