Features and Benefits
- Simplified evaluation of the ADM2761E signal isolated, half duplex RS-485 transceiver with 1500 V peak working voltage
- 2-layer PCB compliant to EN 55032 Class B radiated emissions
- Footprint for standard half duplex, 16-lead, SOIC_W package with 8.3 mm creepage and clearance
- On-board ADP7104 LDO regulators with jumper options for simplified evaluation in multiple supply configurations
- Flexible, low voltage VDD1 supply rail for interfacing with input and output nodes as low as 1.7 V
- Wide bus voltage DD2 supply rail from 3.0 V to 5.5 V
- IEC 61000-4-2 ESD protection on the A pin and B pin
- ≥±12 kV contact discharge and ≥±15 kV air discharge
- SMA connector for TxD input signal
- Optional on-board LTC1799 oscillator for providing TxD signal
- Screw terminal blocks for connecting power, digital, and RS-485 signals
- Jumper-selectable enable and disable for digital input signals
- Resistors and footprints for termination
- Test points for measuring all signals
The EVAL-ADM2761EEBZ allows simplified, efficient evaluation of the ADM2761E 5.7 kV rms, high working voltage, half duplex signal isolated RS-485 transceiver.
The EVAL-ADM2761EEBZ comes with options for the evaluation of the ADM2761E device in an individual system. Digital and RS-485 bus signals are easily accessible via the screw terminal blocks on the EVAL-ADM2761EEBZ. Each digital input can be configured via the on-board jumper options.
Two on-board ADP7104 low dropout (LDO) regulators accept an input voltage of up to 20 V and output a range of selectable supply voltages to the VDD1 pin and VDD2 pin that are configurable via jumper options. The LDO regulators can be bypassed to power the ADM2761E VDD1 supply pin and VDD2 supply pin directly from an external power supply.
The flexible VDD1 pin primary side logic supply allows the device to operate with a digital input/output (I/O) voltage from 1.7 V to 5.5 V, which enables communication with modern nodes using either a 1.8 V or 2.5 V power supply. The VDD1 pin can also be supplied from the ADP7104 regulated supply.
Alternative methods can provide the transmit data input (TxD) data input signal to the device. An optional LTC1799 oscillator is included on the EVAL-ADM2761EEBZ and can be configured to provide a clock signal as the TxD digital input within a 10 kHz to 250 kHz range. A terminal block allows an easy wired connection to a microcontroller or processor. For optimal signal integrity, use the on-board Subminiature Version A (SMA) connector to connect an external data signal.
The EVAL-ADM2761EEBZ has a footprint for the ADM2761E half duplex, isolated, RS-485 transceiver in a 16-lead, small outline, wide body (SOIC_W) package.
For full details on the ADM2761E, see the ADM2761E data sheet, which must be used in conjunction with this user guide when using the EVAL-ADM2761EEBZ.
- Signal generator
- 3 V to 5.5 V supply
- 1.7 V to 5.5 V supply