Features and Benefits
- Simplified evaluation of the ADM2461E signal isolated 500 kbps half-duplex RS-485 transceiver
- 2-layer PCB compliant with EN 55032 Class B radiated emissions
- Footprint for standard half-duplex, 16-lead, SOIC_W package with 8.0 mm creepage and clearance
- 2 on-board ADP7104 LDO regulators with jumper options for simplified evaluation in multiple supply configurations
- Jumper options to utilize flexible, VDD1 low voltage supply rail for interfacing with I/O nodes as low as 1.7 V
- SMA connector for TxD input signal
- Optional on-board LTC1799 oscillator for providing TxD signal
- Screw terminal blocks for connecting power, digital, and RS-485 signals
The EVAL-ADM2461EEBZ allows for the simplified, efficient evaluation of the ADM2461E 500 kbps, 5.7 kV rms, signal isolated, half-duplex, RS-485 transceiver.
The EVAL-ADM2461EEBZ comes with options for the evaluation of the ADM2461E in an individual system. Digital and RS-485 bus signals are easily accessible via the screw terminal blocks on the EVAL-ADM2461EEBZ. Each digital input can be configured via the on-board jumper options.
Two on-board ADP7104 low dropout (LDO) regulators accept an input voltage up to 20 V and output a range of selectable supply voltages to the VDD1 pin and VDD2 pin, which are configurable via jumper options. The LDO regulators can be bypassed to power the ADM2461E VDD1 supply pin and VDD2 supply pin directly from an external power supply.
The flexible VDD1 pin primary side logic supply allows the device to operate with a digital input/output (I/O) voltage of 1.7 V to 5.5 V, which enables communication with modern nodes using either a 1.8 V or 2.5 V power supply. The VDD1 pin can also be supplied from the ADP7104 regulated supply.
Alternative methods can be used to provide the transmit data input (TxD) signal to the ADM2461E. An optional LTC1799 oscillator is included on the EVAL-ADM2461EEBZ and can be configured to provide a clock signal as the TxD digital input within a 10 kHz to 250 kHz range. A terminal block allows an easy wired connection to a microcontroller or processor. For optimal signal integrity, use the on-board Subminiature Version A (SMA) connector to connect an external data signal.
The EVAL-ADM2461EEBZ has a footprint for the ADM2461E isolated, half-duplex RS-485 transceiver in a 10.10 mm × 10.65 mm, 16-lead, standard small outline, wide body (SOIC_W) package.
For full details on the ADM2461E, see the ADM2461E data sheet, which must be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the EVAL-ADM2461EEBZ.