Features and Benefits
- Fully functional support evaluation kit for the ADM1272
- Populated and tested with 48 V, 30 A, 1 mF design
- 40 V undervoltage and 60 V overvoltage settings
- Custom N-MOSFET footprint suits different packages
- Supports up to 2 sense resistors in parallel
- Supports up to 4 FETs in parallel
- LED indicated status outputs
- Wide input voltage range 16 V to 80 V
- 120 V absolute maximum
- FET temperature measurement capability
- Supports cascade setup for multiple boards
- Toggle and push-button switch for easy input control
- PMBus (I2C) communication supported
The EVAL-ADM1272EBZ is a compact, full featured evaluation board for the ADM1272. The board layout provides a clear visual of all the peripheral components and the hot swap power path. The layout also maximizes the ability of the board to dissipate heat for some of the key components on the power path, allowing the evaluation of high current hot swap setups.
Two sense-resistor slots and four (two on the bottom side) multipackage FET slots provide great flexibility and allow a wide range of application setups.
Multiple test points allow easy access to all critical points and pins. Six LEDs provide direct visual indication on variations in the board status, such as supply input, output, GPIO1, GPIO2, power good, and fault.
The kit supports PMBus™ communication, allowing users to communicate with the ADM1272. The evaluation kit also supports cascade setup so that multiple evaluation boards can be connected together and share the same PMBus.
The boards are fully compatible with the ADM1272 evaluation software, which can be downloaded from the ADM1272 product page.
A USB-to-I2C dongle (USB-SDP-CABLEZ) is required to use the evaluation software.
The standard evaluation kit is prepopulated and tested with a 48 V, 30 A hot swap design capable of working with a 1 mF output capacitor.
Complete specifications for the ADM1272 are available in the ADM1272 data sheet, which must be consulted in conjunction with user guide (UG-990) when using the evaluation board.
Markets and Technologies
- EVAL-ADM1272EBZ evaluation board