Features and BenefitsDemo Kit Contents
- Demo Board DB6543 REV 4.0 with three 71M6203 or 71M6103 ICs and one 71M6543F IC with pre-loaded demo program, or Demo Board DB6543 REV 5.0 with inputs configured for CTs.
- 5VDC/1000mA universal wall transformer with 2.5mm plug (Switchcraft 712A compatible)
- USB cable
- CD-ROM containing documentation (data sheet, board schematics, BOM, layout), Demo Code (sources and executable), and utilities.
- ANSI base with three 50µΩ shunt resistors, Oswell P/N EBSB20050H-92-19-73-6.4-V1 (optional, for ANSI kits only)
- Three 120µΩ shunt resistors, Oswell P/N EBSA15120-32-14.8-21-6.2-V1 (optional, for IEC kits)
The Teridian™ 71M6543 REV 4.0 and REV 5.0 demo boards are demonstration boards for evaluating the 71M6543F device for polyphase electronic power-metering applications in conjunction with the remote sensor interface or CT sensors. The demo boards allow the evaluation of the 71M6543F energy meter chip for measurement accuracy and overall system use.
The 71M6543 REV 4.0 demo board incorporates a 71M6543F integrated circuit, three 71M6103 or 71M6203 remote interface ICs, peripheral circuitry such as a serial EEPROM, emulator port, and on-board power supply, as well as a USB interface for serial communication with a PC.
The 71M6543 REV 5.0 demo board is optimized and prepared for the connection of external CTs and is otherwise identical to the REV 4.0 demo board.
All demo boards are preprogrammed with a demo program (demo code) in the flash memory of the 71M6543F IC. This embedded application is developed to exercise all low-level function calls to directly man-age the peripherals, flash programming, and CPU (clock, timing, power savings, etc.).
The 71M6543F IC on the REV 4.0 demo board is preprogrammed and precalibrated for the 50µΩ or 120µΩ shunts shipped with the board. The demo board can also be used for operation with a CT after hardware modifications that can be performed by the user. This configuration will require a different version of the demo code and different settings. It should be noted that the 71M6543 performs better with CTs when used with the 71M6543 REV 5.0 demo board.
- Energy Meters