Supply Chain Management
Product Life Cycle Information
Analog Devices uses six designators to inform our customers of where a product is in its life cycle. From emerging innovations to products that have been in production for twenty years, we understand that insight into life cycle status is an important criteria among the many design criteria customers must consider.
OUR APPROACH IS STRAIGHTFORWARD
At ADI, products don’t have an age, they have a vintage. Producing the same products decade after decade is a cornerstone of our business and we monitor our revenue by product vintage as a key performance metric. We believe obsolescence should be avoided as long as technology and customer demand exist for a product. And when it can’t be avoided, customers are notified two years in advance.
PRODUCT LIFE CYCLE STATUS DEFINITIONS
- Pre-Release: This product is new and engineering validation may still be underway. Quantities may be limited and design specifications may change while we ready the product for release to production.
- Recommended for new designs: This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
- Production: At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
- Not Recommended for New Designs: This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
- Last Time Buy: All products in this family will be obsolete soon. Please contact ADI Sales or Distributors to arrange for final purchases and read our Obsolescence Information to review the time periods for placing final orders and receiving final shipments.
- Obsolete: The models in this product family are no longer available.
For questions or suitable alternatives to products you are interested in please refer to ADI's Parametric Product Search tools, ADI's Cross Reference Search tool, or contact one or our experienced application engineers.
MONITORING PRODUCT LIFE CYCLE STATUS
Analog Devices publishes Product Change Notices (PCN) and Product Discontinuance Notices (PDNs) which you can have emailed directly to you. Set-up a profile on myAnalog to receive notices and view updates on your myAnalog home page. myAnalog is the fastest way to keep informed of these product changes.
In addition, the product page on the website includes the product life cycle status alongside the product part number.
The ADI product part number is a generic number used to represent the range of products specified by the specific product model number. To verify the product lifecycle status of a specific model, please contact ADI Customer Interaction Center.
When Analog Devices, Inc. makes the rare decision to discontinue manufacturing of a product, ADI gives customers 24-months in which to purchase and receive shipment of that product. Specifically, ADI issues a Product Discontinuance Notice (PDN) in compliance with JESD48A, provides a 12-month Last Time Buy (LTB) period when customers may place orders and continues to ship the product for up to 24-months from the date of the PDN (also described as the Last Time Ship, or LTS, period). PDNs will contain, at a minimum, the following information:
- PDN Number
- Publication Date
- Last Time Buy Date
- Last Time Ship Date
- Reason for Discontinuance
- Analog Devices models affected by the notice
- Recommended Replacement Parts
- Supporting Information
- Contact Information
To be certain you get the PDN information sent quickly to your desktop, add ADI products to your myAnalog profile. You will then receive immediate notice of PDNs issued for those products should a PDN become necessary.
Long Product Life Cycles Are a Cornerstone of ADI's Business Strategy
(Year of Introduction)
% of ADI Product Revenue
|1995 or earlier||20%|
|1996 to 2000||16%|
|2001 to 2005||31%|
|2006 to 2010||33%|