2MHz Boost/SEPIC/Inverter Features 2A, 100V Power Switch & 9µA IQ
Analog Devices announces the Power by Linear™ LT8361, a current mode, 2MHz multitopology DC/DC converter with an internal 2A, 100V switch. It operates from an input voltage range of 2.8V to 60V, and is suitable for applications with input sources ranging from a single-cell Li-Ion battery to multicell battery stacks, automotive inputs, telecom power supplies and industrial power rails.
- View the LT8361 product page, download data sheet, order samples and evaluation boards: www.analog.com/LT8361
The LT8361 can be configured as either a boost, SEPIC or an inverting converter. Its switching frequency can be programmed between 300kHz and 2MHz, enabling designers to minimize external component sizes and avoid critical frequency bands, such as AM radio. Furthermore, it offers over 90% efficiency while switching at 2MHz. Burst Mode® operation reduces quiescent current to only 9µA while keeping output ripple below 15mVp-p. The combination of a small MSOP-16E package and tiny external components due to the high switching frequency ensures a highly compact footprint while minimizing solution cost.
The LT8361’s 375mΩ power switch delivers efficiencies up to 95%. The LT8361 offers spread spectrum frequency modulation to minimize EMI concerns. A single feedback pin sets the output voltage whether the output is positive or negative, minimizing pin count. Other features include external synchronization, programmable UVLO, frequency foldback and programmable soft-start.
The LT8361EMSE is available in an MSOP-16E package (4 pins removed for high voltage spacing). An industrial temperature (–40°C to 125°C) version (the LT8361IMSE) and a high temperature (–40°C to 150°C) version (the LT8361HMSE) are also available. All versions are available from stock. For more information, visit www.analog.com/LT8361.
Summary of Features: LT8361
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 2.8V to 60V
- Internal 2A, 100V Power Switch
- Ultralow Quiescent Current & Low Ripple Burst Mode® Operation: IQ = 9µA
- BIAS Pin for Higher Efficiency
- Positive or Negative Output Voltage Programming with a Single Feedback Pin
- Programmable, Synchronizable Frequency: 300kHz to 2MHz
- Optional Spread Spectrum Frequency Modulation for Low EMI
- Thermally Enhanced 16-Lead MSOP package
Pricing & Availability
Product Sample Availability Production Availability Price Each Per 1,000 Package LT8361 Now Now Starts at $3.36 MSOP-16 (12) E
- About Analog Devices
- Analog Devices (Nasdaq: ADI) is a leading global high-performance analog technology company dedicated to solving the toughest engineering challenges. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital with unmatched technologies that sense, measure, power, connect and interpret. Visit http://www.analog.com
Subscribe to Analog Dialogue, ADI’s monthly technical journal, at: http://www.analog.com/library/analogDialogue/
All registered trademarks and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Editor's Contact Information
- John Hamburger