New Version of Simulation Tool Significantly Eases Development of RF Systems
Feb 25 2013 - Norwood, MA
- Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) today announced the release of a new version of its popular ADIsimRF™ design tool. The free design tool is the software accompaniment to ADI's complete portfolio of RF-to-digital functional blocks, allowing engineers to model RF signal chains using devices from across ADI's RF IC and data converter portfolio. ADIsimRF Version 1.7 adds a number of new device models along with enhanced support for inter-stage mismatch calculations. The design tool provides calculations for the most important parameters within an RF signal chain, including cascaded gain, noise figure, IP3, P1dB, and total power consumption. The ADIsimRF design tool contains embedded data from many of ADI's RF ICs and data converters, which designers can easily access using pull-down menus to assist in component selection.
- Download ADIsimRF design tool
- View video demonstration of ADIsimRF
- View ADI's broad portfolio of RF ICs
- View ADI's leading portfolio of data converters
- Browse ADI's RF design tools
ADIsimRF Version 1.7 Key Features:
The new version of the ADIsimRF design tool includes significant enhancements to inter-stage mismatch calculations. One of the tool’s unique capabilities as an RF signal chain calculator is its ability to calculate scalar mismatch loss that results when two adjacent devices have different output and input impedances. In ADIsimRF Version 1.7, device models for many non-50 Ohm devices such as I/Q Demodulators, VGAs and ADC Drivers have been tweaked in order to take full advantage of the tool’s ability to factor the effect of inter-stage mismatch into cascaded IP3, P1dB, gain and noise figure calculations. The new version also adds device models for ADI’s latest RF ICs, including the ADRF6755 I/Q Modulator and the ADL5324, ADL5321 and ADL5320 Driver Amplifiers.
- About Analog Devices
- Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged industry-wide as the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000 customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. Analog Devices is included in the S&P 500 Index.
To subscribe to Analog Dialogue, ADI's monthly technical journal, visit: http://www.analog.com/library/analogdialogue/subscribe
Editor's Contact Information
- Colleen Cronin