6 Output, Dual Loop Clock Generator
The AD9524 is designed to support the clock requirements for long term evolution (LTE) and multicarrier GSM base station designs. It relies on an external VCXO to provide the reference jitter cleanup to achieve the restrictive low phase noise requirements necessary for acceptable data converter SNR performance.
The input receivers, oscillator, and zero delay receiver provide both single-ended and differential operation. When connected to a recovered system reference clock and a VCXO, the device generates six low noise outputs with a range of 1 MHz to 1 GHz, and one dedicated buffered output from the input PLL (PLL1). The frequency and phase of one clock output relative to another clock output can be varied by means of a divider phase select function that serves as a jitter-free coarse timing adjustment in increments that are equal to one-half the period of the signal coming out of the VCO.
An in-package EEPROM can be programmed through the serial interface to store user-defined register settings for power-up and chip reset.
- LTE and multicarrier GSM base stations
- Wireless and broadband infrastructure
- Medical instrumentation
- Clocking high speed ADCs, DACs, DDSs, DDCs, DUCs, MxFEs
- Low jitter, low phase noise clock distribution
- Clock generation and translation for SONET, 10Ge, 10G FC, and other 10 Gbps protocols
- Forward error correction (G.710)
- High performance wireless transceivers
- ATE and high performance instrumentation
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Product Selection Guide
RF Source Booklet
RF IC Product Overview
Dual-Loop Clock Generator Cleans Jitter, Provides Multiple High-Frequency...
(Analog Dialogue, Vol. 48, January 2014)