APIX2 Transmitter with Dual Port HDMI and HDCP Support
ADV7682 integrates a CEC controller that supports the capability discovery and control (CDC) feature.
The ADV7682 has an audio output port for the audio data extracted from any one of the HDMI input streams. The HDMI receiver also has an advanced mute controller that prevents audible extraneous noise (pops and clicks) in the audio output. Additionally, the ADV7682 can be set to output TDM serial audio, which allows transmission of four multiplexed stereo serial audio channels on a single audio output interface port.
The following HDMI source audio formats are accessible as outputs from the ADV7682:
- A stream from the audio serializer (two audio channels).
- A TDM stream from the audio serializer (eight audio channels, time multiplexed). The maximum audio bit rate is 48 kHz.
- A stream from the audio serializer (two uncompressed channels or N compressed channels, for example, AC3).
- An external master clock (MCLK) used to output audio data in stereo modes. The maximum audio bit rate is 48 kHz for sample rate converter (SRC) mode with an external MCLK.
The following audio formats are supported as inputs to the ADV7682, for transmission over the APIX2 interface:
- One serial audio stream (two audio channels).
- One TDM serial audio stream (eight audio channels, time multiplexed). The maximum audio bit rate is 96 kHz.
- Two serial audio streams using a combination of the serial audio input ports (I2S1 and I2S0) or HDMI extracted audio (two independent stereo audio channels with asynchronous master clocks). On-board SRC is performed in this configuration. The maximum audio bit rate is 48 kHz in SRC modes.
One of the HDMI input ports is assigned a dedicated 5 V detect and Hot Plug™ assert pins. The HDMI receiver also includes an integrated equalizer that ensures the robust operation of the interface with long cables, including support for Type E automotive cable assemblies and connectors.
The ADV7682 contains one main component processor (CP) that processes the video signals from any one of the HDMI receiver ports. The ADV7682 provides features such as contrast, brightness, and saturation adjustments; a standard identification (STDI) detection block; and free run and synchronization alignment controls.
Fabricated in an advanced CMOS process, the ADV7682 is provided in a 14 mm × 14 mm, 100-lead surface-mount LQFP_EP RoHS-compliant package and is specified over the −40°C to +85°C temperature range.
ADV7682 is offered in automotive, industrial version.
- Automotive infotainment
- Infotainment head units
- Rear seat entertainment systems
- Automotive media port applications
- HDMI repeaters and video switches
Comparable Parts Click to see all in Parametric Search
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.