- Simple power connection using USB connection and on-board LDO voltage regulators
- LDOs are easily bypassed for power measurements
- AC-coupled differential SMA connectors
- SMA connectors for
2 reference inputs
2 PLL status outputs
1 reference test input
2 VCXO interface inputs/outputs
- Microsoft Windows®–based evaluation software with simple graphical user interface
- On-board PLL loop filter
- Easy access to digital I/O and diagnostic signals via I/O header
- Status LEDs for diagnostic signals
- USB computer interface
- Software calculator provides flexibility, allowing programming of almost any rational input/output frequency ratio
The AD9523-1 is designed to support the clock requirements for long-term evolution (LTE) and multicarrier GSM base station designs. It relies on an external VCXO to provide the reference jitter cleanup to achieve the restrictive low phase noise requirements necessary for acceptable data converter SNR performance. The AD9523-1 evaluation board is a compact, easy-to-use platform for evaluating all features of the AD9523-1. A 122.88 MHz VCXO is mounted on the evaluation board to provide a complete solution.
The input receivers are configured as differential but the evaluation board has baluns to provide a single-ended input for easy evaluation using common laboratory single-ended signal sources. Output 8 is connected to an ADCLK905 clock buffer to provide a way to evaluate an Analog Devices, Inc., buffer. Although the ADCLK905 is a 1-to-1 buffer, the performance is similar to the larger fanout buffer, for example, the 1-to-2 buffer, ADCLK925. Output 1 and Output 9 are configured with baluns to provide a single-ended output to drive most test equipment. Output 0 is configured for differential zero delay operation.