RMS-to-DC Application Guide Second Edition, 1986
RMS-to-DC Application Guide, Second Edition, Edited by Dan Sheingold, Analog Devices, 1986.
Even with the proliferation of FPGAs, DSPs, and microprocessors, there are still some functions that can be efficiently performed using analog techniques. RMS-to-DC converters fall into this category, and this book is an excellent treatment of the theory and applications of these devices.
The RMS-to-DC Application Guide is available for download:
- Section I: RMS-DC Conversion - Theory (pdf)
- Section II: RMS-DC Conversion - Basic Design Considerations (pdf)
- Section III: RMS Application Circuits (pdf)
- Appendix A: Testing the Critical Parameters of RMS Converters (pdf)
- Appendix B: Input Buffer Amplifier Requirements (pdf)
- Appendix C: Computer Programs for Determining Computational Errors, Output Ripple, and 1% Settling Time of RMS Converter (pdf)
- Appendix D: New Products Appendix to the RMS-to-DC Conversion Application Guide (October 2002) (pdf)
- RMS-to-DC Application Guide – zip file of entire book