Features and Benefits
- Fully integrated user interface including project management, debugging, profiling and plotting.
- Support a variety of debug targets (emulation, simulation, compiled simulation and 3rd party offerings).
- C/C++ compiler, assembler (with C data type support), expert linker and loader.
- VisualDSP++ Kernel (VDK) with multiprocessor messaging capability.
- Automation API and Automation Aware Scripting Engine.
- Background Telemetry Channel (BTC) support with data streaming capability.
- Profile-Guided Optimization (PGO).
- TCP/IP & USB Support and Processor configuration/Start-up code wizard (Blackfin processors).
- Multiple project management (SHARC and TigerSHARC processors).
VisualDSP++® is an easy-to-install and easy-to-use integrated software development and debugging environment (IDDE) that enables efficient management of projects from start to finish from within a single interface.
Because project development and debugging is integrated, you can move quickly and easily between editing, building, and debugging activities. Key features include the native C/C++ compiler, advanced graphical plotting tools, statistical profiling, and the VisualDSP++ kernel (VDK), which allows a user’s code to be implemented in a more structured and easier-to-scale manner. Other features include assembler, linker, libraries, splitter, cycle-accurate and functional-accurate simulators, emulator support, and more. VisualDSP++ offers programmers a powerful yet easy-to-use programming tool with flexibility that significantly reduces the time to market.
- Windows XP Professional SP3 (32-bit only).
- Windows Vista Business/Enterprise/Ultimate SP2 (32-bit only). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- Windows 7 Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate (32 and 64-bit). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- Windows 8 Professional/Enterprise (32 and 64-bit). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- 2 GHz single core processor (minimum); >3.3 GHz dual core (recommended).
- 1 GB RAM (minimum); >4 GB (recommended).
Documentation & Resources
Compact Web Manufacturing Process Defect-Detection System Uses a Camera and ADI Blackfin® Processor5/1/2003 Analog Dialogue
Dynamic Power Management Optimizes Performance vs. Power in Embedded Applications of Blackfin™ Processors8/1/2002 Analog Dialogue
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.