Features and Benefits
- USB Powered
- Configurable I²C/2-Wire or SPI Interface
- USB, TOSLINK, and RCA Audio Input Connections
- 3.5mm, TOSLINK, and RCA Audio Output Connections
- Windows® 2000-, Windows XP®-, and Windows Vista® (32-Bit)-Compatible Software
- Surface-Mount Components
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX9880A evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount PCB that evaluates the MAX9880A IC, which is a low-power, high-performance, stereo audio codec with audio processing. To facilitate evaluation, the EV kit includes input and output RCA connections, capless and single-ended headphone connectors (J3, J4), and two on-board digital microphones (U15, U16).
Integrated into the EV kit design is a digital audio transceiver (U11) and a USB stereo audio DAC (U12). The digital audio transceiver provides audio input and output through the on-board TOSLINK connectors (J5, J6) and the USB stereo audio DAC provides audio input through the mini-USB connector (J10).
The device's I²C/2-wire and SPI™ control bus are interfaced to the on-board MAXQ2000 microcontroller, allowing for evaluation with the EV kit software.
- Cellular Phones
- Portable Gaming Devices
- Portable Multimedia Players
- Tablet PCs