Features and Benefits
- 2.5V to 5.5V Single-Supply Operation
- I2S, Left-Justified, or TDM Input
- Five Selectable Gains (-3dB, +3dB, +6dB, +9dB, and +12dB)
- Audio Channel Select (Left, Right, and Mono Mix)
- Filterless Operation
- Low EMI
- Complete Hardware System with Easy Setup, No Tools or Special Software Required
The MAX98360 evaluation systems (EV systems) are fully assembled and tested systems that evaluate the MAX98360A/B/C/D mono Class D audio amplifiers. The EV systems consist of a MAX98360 development board (DEV board), Maxim’s Audio Interface Board III (AUDINT3), and a USB cable.
It is recommended that the DEV board be evaluated with the AUDINT3 board, as an EV system. The MAX98360A and MAX98360C support the standard I2S interface, and the MAX98360B and MAX98360D support standard leftjustified mode. All of the MAX98360 variants support an 8-channel TDM digital audio interface.
The AUDINT3 board provides the USB-to-PCM interface, as well as the 1.8V VDDIO supply needed to evaluate the DEV board. The MAX98360 DEV board requires one additional supply input, 2.5V to 5.5V (VDD), when evaluating using the AUDINT3 board. Figure 1 details the DEV board and the AUDINT3 board.
- Gaming Devices (Audio and Haptics)
- ingle Li-ion Cell/5V Devices
- IoT Devices
- Notebook Computers
- Smart Speakers