Features and Benefits
- 2.7V to 5.5V Single-Supply Operation
- Proven Audio PCB Layout
- On-Board USB Interface Circuit Generates I²C-Compatible Signals
- PCB Pads for User-Supplied I²C-Compatible Signals
- Surface-Mount Components
- Windows XP-, Windows Vista-, and Windows 7-Compatible Software
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX97003 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested PCB that evaluates the MAX97003 audio subsystem. The device features a mono Class D speaker amplifier and a stereo Class H DirectDrive® headphone amplifier. The EV kit features an on-board microcontroller for communicating with the I²C interface of the device. Pads are provided for accessing the analog inputs and amplifier outputs.
The EV kit requires a 2.7V to 5.5V power supply. The on-board LDO generates an additional 1.8V supply from the USB 5V supply. The EV kit delivers 1W into an 8Ω speaker, and 32mW/channel into a 32Ω headphone.
Windows XP®-, Windows Vista®-, and Windows® 7-compatible EV kit software is provided to facilitate configuration. The EV kit software controls the on-board microcontroller over USB, which generates I²C commands.
- Cell Phones
- Portable Media Players