Features and Benefits
- 14 Programmable Reference Voltages
- 4 Static Reference Voltages
- Max 16.5V Operating Voltage
- Output Swing within 150mV of Rails
- Peak Current Greater than 200mA
- Output Channels Tri-Stated During Wake-Up
- USB Powered (EV System Only)
- Proven PC Board Layout
- Free Windows 98SE/2000/XP-Compatible Evaluation Software at www.maximintegrated.com
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX9590 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested circuit board that evaluates the MAX9590. The MAX9590 EV kit provides 14 programmable voltage references and 4 static voltage references for gamma correction in TFT-LCD displays. Two register banks are provided to store two sets of gamma reference values. Gamma values are programmed into the banks through the I²C interface, and the settling time for outputs is less than 0.5µs.
The 14 programmable reference voltages are divided evenly into seven upper and seven lower voltages for the upper and lower gamma curves of LCD column drivers. The 14 programmable buffers wake-up in a high-impedance state until the registers are programmed. This protects the LCD system from high transient currents during the startup phase.
The EV kit includes Windows® 98SE/2000/XP-compatible software that provides a graphical user interface (GUI) for exercising the features of the MAX9590.
The MAX9590 evaluation system (EV system) consists of the MAX9590EVKIT and a companion CMAXQUSB serial interface board. The CMAXQUSB interface board allows a PC to control an I²C interface using its USB port. Order the MAX9590EVCMAXQU for a complete PC-based evaluation of the MAX9590. Order the MAX9590EVKIT if you already have a MAX9590 compatible serial interface.
- Industrial Reference Voltage Generators
- TFT LCD Displays