Features and Benefits
- 2.35V to 3.6V Input Supply Voltage Range
- 1.8V at 5A Output (Step-Down Regulator 1)
- 1.2V at 5A Output (Step-Down Regulator 2)
- 180° Out-of-Phase Operation Reduces Input Ripple Current
- All-Ceramic-Capacitor Design
- High Efficiency
- 27mΩ On-Resistance Internal MOSFETs
- Fully Protected Against Overcurrent, Short Circuit, and Overtemperature
- REFIN on One Channel for Tracking or External Reference
- Integrated Boost Diodes
- Programmable Switching Frequency from 0.5MHz to 2MHz
- Adjustable Outputs from 0.6V to (0.9 x VIN)
- Individual Enable Inputs and PWRGD Outputs
- Low-Cost Solution
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX8855 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested circuit board that contains all the components necessary to evaluate the performance of the MAX8855. The device is a high-efficiency dual step-down regulator. The EV kit is powered from a 2.35V to 3.6V DC supply.
The EV kit is capable of delivering 1.8V at 5A from output 1 and 1.2V at 5A from output 2. The device switching frequency is set to 1MHz and the two outputs switch 180° out-of-phase. High-efficiency, internal dual nMOS design keeps the board cool under heavy loads. The voltage-mode control architecture and the high-bandwidth (> 15MHz typ) voltage-error amplifier allow a type III compensation scheme to be utilized to achieve fast response under both line and load transients, and also allow for ceramic output capacitors.
Programmable soft-start reduces input inrush current. Two enable inputs allow the turning on/off of each output individually, resulting in great flexibility for system-level designs. A reference input facilitates output-voltage tracking applications.
- ASIC/CPU/DSP Power Supplies
- DDR Power Supplies
- Network Power Supplies
- Printer Power Supplies
- Set-Top Box Power Supplies
Documentation & Resources
Tools & Simulations
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.