Features and Benefits
- Up to 97% Efficiency with Internal Synchronous Rectifier
- Low 35µA (Switching) Quiescent Current
- Guaranteed 1A Output Current at 5V from 2.5V Input
- Guaranteed 500mA Output Current at 5V from 1.8V Input
- Low-Noise Constant Frequency Operation (FPWM Mode)
- 2MHz PWM Switching Frequency
- Preset (5V) or Adjustable Output (3.3V to 5V)
- Controlled Current in Soft-Start Limits Inrush Current
- True Shutdown
- Internal Compensation
- Overload/Short-Circuit Protection
- 0.1µA Shutdown Current
- Lead-Free and RoHS Compliant
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX8815A evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested printed-circuit board (PCB) for evaluating the MAX8815A step-up converter. The MAX8815A is a 1A (maximum load), 97% efficient, 35µA quiescent current step-up converter with True Shutdown™ and is ideal for use in DSC, DVC, and other handheld applications. The MAX8815A EV kit is designed for a 5V output and also provides a jumper for evaluation of fixed-frequency pulse-width-modulation mode (FPWM) or normal mode.
- Cell Phones, PDAs, MP3 Players
- DSC and DVC
- Microprocessor/DSP Core Power
- PCMCIA Cards
- Portable Handheld Devices
Documentation & Resources
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.