Features and Benefits
- CCCV, Thermally Regulated Linear 1-Cell Li+ Battery Charger
- No External MOSFET, Reverse Blocking Diode, or Current-Sense Resistor
- Programmable Fast-Charge Current (1ARMS max)
- Proprietary Die Temperature Regulation Control (+115°C)
- 4.25V to 28V Input Voltage Range with Input OVP Above 7V
- Charge-Current Monitor for Fuel Gauging (ISET)
- Low Dropout Voltage (300mV at 500mA)
- Input Power-Source Detection Output (Active-Low POK) and Charge-Enable Input (Active-Low EN)
- Soft-Start Limits Inrush Current
- Output for Autobooting (ABO)
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX8814 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested printed-circuit board (PCB) for evaluating the MAX8814 28V linear Li+ battery charger. The MAX8814 EV kit operates from an input supply range of 4.25V to 28V, but the IC disables charging if the input voltage exceeds 7V to protect against unqualified or faulty AC adapters. The MAX8814 EV kit features an adjustable fast-charge current set by an external resistor (R2). Other features include an active-low control input (active-low EN) and an active-low input power source detection output (active-low POK). The IC also features a booting assistant circuit that distinguishes input sources and battery connection and provides an output signal (ABO) for system booting.
Documentation & Resources
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.