Features and Benefits
- +6V to +13.2V Input Range
- 2A Output Current
- 1.5MHz Switching Frequency (Selectable: 500kHz, 1MHz, Component Changes Required)
- +3.3V Output Voltage (Fixed Mode)
- 2.0V to 3.6V Output Voltage (Adjustable Mode)
- 84% Efficiency
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX8723 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount circuit board that contains a pulse-width-modulated (PWM) step-down DC-DC converter. The EV kit is configured to operate with a 1.5MHz switching frequency. It operates from a +6V to +13.2V DC supply voltage, is configured for a +3.3V output, and can provide up to 2A output current.
The MAX8723 EV kit can be reconfigured to operate at 500kHz or 1MHz and can also drive an external synchronous rectifier. In addition, the output voltage can be adjusted from 2.0V to 3.6V by installing appropriate feedback resistors R4 and R5.
The EV kit is a fully assembled and tested circuit board that features low quiescent current and high conversion efficiency (84%). Operation at 1.5MHz allows the use of small surface-mount components.
- 8/12V Industrial Equipment
- Digital System Power Supplies
- LCD Monitors
- LCD TVs
- Point-of-Load Regulators