Features and Benefits
- DC Input Current Limit of 2A (EV Kit Standard Configuration)
- DC Input Current-Limit-Adjustment Range of 0.5A to 2A
- USB Current Limit of 100mA or 500mA
- Charge-Current Limit of 1A (EV Kit Standard Configuration)
- Charge-Current-Adjustment Range of 0.3A to 1.5A
- Input Current Thermal-Limit Threshold of +100°C
- 24-Pin, 4mm x 4mm Thin QFN Package
The MAX8677A evaluation kit (EV kit) demonstrates the MAX8677A dual-input charger and Smart Power Selector™ IC. The EV kit charges a single-cell Li-ion (Li+) battery from a DC input (AC adapter) or a USB 100mA/500mA source and provides system power from the DC input, USB input, or battery. The DC input has a resistor-adjustable current limit, while USB current input limit is logic programmed to 100mA/500mA. USB suspend mode is also supported. The charge current is adjustable from 300mA to 1.5A. The system load has priority over the charger so that charge current is reduced as necessary to prevent input overload. Charge current is also thermally regulated.
- Digital Cameras
- GPS Navigation
- PDAs, Palmtops, and Wireless Handhelds
- Portable Media/MP3 Players
- Smart Cell Phones
Documentation & Resources
MAX8677AEVKIT: MAX8677A Evaluation Kit Data Sheet (Rev. 0)5/2/2007157K
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.