Features and Benefits
- Isolated Voltage Regulation Feedback CircuitSet to 0.8V Threshold
- Isolated OVP CircuitSet to 1V Threshold
- Adjustable Output-Voltage Thresholds
- Galvanically Isolated Input and Output Grounds
- Surface-Mount Components
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX8515 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount circuit board that demonstrates the capability of the MAX8515A shunt regulator in a voltage-regulation circuit and the MAX8515 shunt regulator in an overvoltage protection (OVP) circuit for isolated DC-to-DC converters.
The EV kit circuit is designed to operate from an input voltage supply with a nominal output of 8V and an output voltage range of 6V to 10V. The input voltage can be adjusted from 1.8V to 18V by replacing circuit components. The voltage-regulation circuit and the OVP circuit have their thresholds set to 0.8V and 1V, respectively. The thresholds can be adjusted by replacing feedback resistors on the circuit board.
Documentation & Resources
MAX8515EVKIT: Evaluation Kit for the MAX8515, MAX8515A Data Sheet (Rev. 0)11/25/2002105K