Features and Benefits
- 8V to 30V Input Voltage Range
- 5V Output Voltage
- Up to 1A Continuous Output Current
- 140µA Shutdown Supply Current
- 8mA Quiescent Current
- Internal Power Switch
- Adjustable Current Limit
- Surface-Mount Construction
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX831 evaluation kit (EV kit) provides a regulated 5.0V output voltage while operating on input voltages from 8.0V to 30V. It drives loads up to 1A with conversion efficiency greater than 80%.
The MAX831 EV kit is a fully assembled and tested surface- mount printed circuit board. This kit comes with a 5V-output MAX831 IC, but it can also be used to evaluate the MAX833 (3.0V output), MAX832 (3.3V output), or MAX830 (adjustable output). Additional pads are provided on the board's solder side to accommodate the external feedback resistors used with the MAX830.
- Distributed Power from High-Voltage Buses
- High-Current, High-Voltage Step-Down Applications
- Multiple-Output Buck Converter