Features and Benefits
- High-Efficiency Single-Cell Switching Charger
- Up to 5.5A Charging with MAX77976
- 91.2% Buck Efficiency at 4A, 12V Input
- +28V Absolute Maximum Input Voltage Rating
- 3.8V to 19V Input Operating Voltage Range
- Reverse Boost with Programmable Output Voltage Options Up to 12V
- Charge Status Output for LED
- Push-Button Input for Exiting from Ship Mode
- External Discharge FET Enable Output
- Dedicated Input for Suspend Mode (SUSPND)
- USB Type-C Standalone Controller Support Customizable Firmware
- USB Type-C Version 1.3 and PD 3.0 Compliant
- Sink/Source/DRP Port Support
- PPS Sink Support
- Fast Role Swap Initial Sink Support
- Integrated VCONN Switch with OCP
- Support Try.Sink
- Support BC1.2 Legacy Charger Detection
The MAX77975/MAX77976 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested printed circuit board (PCB) that demonstrates the MAX77975/MAX77976 single-cell lithium-ion battery charger.
The MAX77975/MAX77976 is for 1S Li+ battery applications and can operate with a 3.8V to 19V input voltage with a maximum charging current of 3.5/5.5A. The MAX77975/MAX77976 offers a reverse boost as well as fully integrated low power loss switches to provide small solution size and high efficiency. The EV kit demonstrates the performance of the MAX77975/MAX77976 charger and provides the convenience of evaluating full USB Type-C® PD solutions with the MAX77958 USB Type-C PD controller. This combination allows fast charging of the battery through the USB Type-C port as well as reverse powering the USB Type-C port with battery OTG mode.
A Micro-B USB cable is included in the package to serve as the interface from a USB port on a Windows PC to the slave I2C port on MAX77975/MAX77976. Windows®- based graphical user interface (GUI) software provides a user-friendly interface to exercise the features of the MAX77975/MAX77976.
- Gaming Devices
- Tablet PCs
- VR Applications
Documentation & Resources
Tools & Simulations
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.