Features and Benefits
- 5.5V to 72V Wide Supply Voltage Range
- Up to 5A Output Current Capacity
- Selectable Overvoltage Mode and Overvoltage-Limiter Mode
- Adjustable Overvoltage Threshold
- 100V Reverse-Battery Protection
The MAX6496 evaluation kit (EV kit) demonstrates a high-voltage, overvoltage-protection circuit for automotive applications that must survive load-dump and high-voltage transient conditions. This EV kit is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount printed-circuit board (PCB).
The MAX6496 EV kit supports high-output currents of up to 5A and can run at voltages up to 72V. An onboard p-channel MOSFET provides reverse-battery protection.
- Notebook Computers