Features and Benefits
- Safely Hot-Swaps 7.5V to 37V FireWire Power Supplies
- Demonstrates Two-Channel Hot-Swap
- Current Limit Configured for 1.6A per Channel
- Low-Voltage-Drop Power ORing
- Demonstrates Active Current-Limit Feature
- Programmable Load Current Limit
- 2ms Regulated Current-Limit Timeout
- Autoretry Fault Management
- Configurable Undervoltage Lockout
- Overcurrent Active-Low FAULTA and Active-Low FAULTB Output Status Indicators
- Surface-Mount Construction
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX5944 evaluation kit (EV kit) circuit demonstrates the multiple functions of the MAX5944 IC. The MAX5944 IC is a two-channel controller that performs hot-swapping, power-supply ORing, and current-limiting functions for FireWire® applications. The MAX5944 controls n-channel MOSFETs to regulate load current from two input power supplies and performs low-voltage-drop power-supply ORing. The output current limit and input undervoltage-lockout thresholds are configurable.
The MAX5944 EV kit is intended for 7.5V to 37V FireWire power-supply applications. The current-limit threshold is configured to 1.6A per channel. Shutdown mode can be controlled with an on-board jumper. A fault output for each channel is provided for circuit monitoring.
- FireWire® Desktop/Notebook Port
- FireWire® Hub
- FireWire® Peripheral Device Current Limit
- Hot Swap
Documentation & Resources
MAX5944EVKIT: Evaluation Kit for the MAX5944 Data Sheet (Rev. 0)12/16/2005221K
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.