Features and Benefits
- Safely Hot Swaps 7.5V to 37V Power Supplies
- Low-Voltage-Drop Power ORing
- Evaluates MAX5943A/B/C/D/E Controllers
- Demonstrates Active-Current-Limit Feature
- Programmable Output-Load Current Limit
- Programmable Current-Limit Timer
- Fast Current-Limit Response Time
- Latch or Autoretry Fault Management
- Programmable Undervoltage Lockout
- Overcurrent Active-Low FAULT Status Indicator
- Surface-Mount Construction
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX5943A evaluation kit (EV kit) circuit demonstrates the hot-swap, current-limiting, and power-ORing functions of the MAX5943A. The MAX5943A EV kit is intended for 7.5V to 37V IEEE 1394™/FireWire® applications. The MAX5943A controls two n-channel MOSFETs to regulate load current from an input power supply and perform low-voltage-drop power-supply ORing. The MAX5943A EV kit can also be used to evaluate the MAX5943B/C/D/E versions (refer to the MAX5943 IC data sheet).
The MAX5943A EV kit features several jumpers to evaluate different configurations of the MAX5943A. The output current limit, current-limit timeout period, ORing threshold, and fault-management features are programmable. The undervoltage lockout threshold is configurable by installing external components. Shutdown mode can be controlled with an on-board switch or with an external logic signal. A active-low FAULT output signal is provided for fault condition monitoring.
- FireWire® Desktop/Notebook Port
- FireWire® Hub
- FireWire® Peripheral Device Current Limit
- Hot Swap
Documentation & Resources
MAX5943AEVKIT: Evaluation Kit for the MAX5943A/B/C/D/E Data Sheet (Rev. 0)10/4/2004129K
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.