Features and Benefits
- Demonstrates PCI 2.2 Dual Hot-Swap Design (3.3V/5V PCI Card Designs)
- Independent Output Controls provide for each Channel
- +3.3V and up to 7.6A (Adjustable)
- +5V and up to 5A (Adjustable)
- +12V and up to 0.5A
- -12V and up to 0.1A
- +3.3V AUX and up to 0.375A
- Evaluates Hot Swapping 3.3V/64-Bit and 5V/64-Bit PCI Line Cards
- Demonstrates Overcurrent Protection with Status Report
- Monitors Output Undervoltage for +3.3V, +5V, ±12V, and +3.3V AUX with Status Report
- Independent 3.3V AUX Output with Separate ON/OFF Control
- Latched After-Fault Conditions (+3.3V, +5V, ±12V)
- Power-On Reset and Fault Status Reporting
- Independent On/Off Controls for Channels A/B
- Surface-Mount Components
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX5915 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount dual hot-swap controller circuit board for two PCI 2.2 server line cards. The circuit uses a MAX5915 IC in a 28-pin TSSOP package. The EV kit provides independent power control for the +3.3V, +5V, ±12V, and +3.3V auxiliary outputs to the PCI 2.2 connectors (A/B channels). The EV kit demonstrates the MAX5915 IC's overcurrent shutdown, output undervoltage monitoring, power-on reset (POR), and fault-reporting capabilities for channels A and B.
The MAX5915 IC controls the two separate external N-channel MOSFETs for the +5V and +3.3V outputs, respectively. The MAX5915 has internal MOSFETs that control the ±12V and +3.3V auxiliary outputs of both channels. Isolation switches are provided for both channels' +3.3V and +3.3V auxiliary supplies and to enable/disable both channels independently.
The EV kit can also be configured to demonstrate a dual hot-swap design without using the PCI 3.3V/64-bit and 5V/64-bit PCI connectors.
- PCI 2.2 Server
- PCI Server