Features and Benefits
- Evaluates MAX5871 RF DAC Performance, Capability and Feature Set
- Single 3.3V Input Voltage Supply
- Maximum 5.9Gsps Update Rate
- Direct Interface with Xilinx VC707 Data Source Board
- Windows 7/8 and Windows XP-Compatible Software
- On-Board SPI Interface Control for the MAX5871
- On-Board SMBus™ Interface Control for the MAX6654 Temperature Sensor
- GUI Controls for VC707 Operation
- Proven 10-Layer PCB Design
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX5871 evaluation kit (EV kit) contains a single MAX5871 high-performance interpolating and modulating 16-bit 5.9Gsps RF DAC that can directly synthesize up to 600MHz of instantaneous bandwidth from DC to frequencies greater than 2.8GHz. The device is optimized for direct RF synthesis of single and multicarrier transmit signals in wireless communications applications. The MAX5871 meets spectral mask requirements of a wide range of communication standards, including MC GSM, UMTS, and LTE. The EV Kit provides a complete system for evaluating the performance of the MAX5871 and a platform for system development.
The EV kit connects to one FMC connector on the Xilinx® VC707 evaluation kit, allowing the VC707 to communicate with the MAX5871’s JESD204B serial link interface.
The EV kit includes Windows® 7/8 and Windows XP®- compatible software that provides a simple graphical user interface (GUI) for configuration of all of the MAX5871 registers through the SPI interface, control of the VC707 FPGA, and temperature monitoring.
- Cellular Base-Station Transmitters
- 2.5G/3G - GSM/TDMA/CDMA/UMTS
- 4G LTE and WiMAX
- Multi-Standard and Multi-Band Transmitters
- Point-to-Point Microwave Links
- Wireless Backhaul
Documentation & Resources
Tools & Simulations
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.