Features and Benefits
- 5V to 40V Input Voltage (Buck Mode)
- 4V to 40V Input Voltage (LDO Mode)
- 3.3V Output at Up to 600mA (Buck Mode)
- Low Quiescent Current 3.3V Output at Up to 100mA (LDO Mode)
- Configurable Output Voltage
- 330kHz Switching Frequency
- Capable of Synchronizing to an External Clock
- Open-Drain RESET Output PCB Pad
- Surface-Mount Components
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX5097A evaluation kit (EV kit) demonstrates the MAX5097A in a standard application circuit demonstrating high efficiency. The EV kit circuit features a MAX5097A IC in a 16-pin TQFN package. The EV kit can operate from a 5V to 40V input source.
The MAX5097A EV kit includes a current-mode DC-DC step-down regulator (Buck Mode) and a selectable low-quiescent- current LDO regulator for operation at light-load (LDO Mode). The step-down regulator provides a 3.3V output with up to 600mA output current. In LDO Mode, the MAX5097A IC provides up to 100mA output current. The EV kit circuit's step-down regulator operates at a switching frequency of 330kHz, thus allowing the use of small ceramic capacitors at the output. The MAX5097A is capable of synchronizing to an external digital clock.
The MAX5097A EV kit can be reconfigured for other output voltages by selecting appropriate external components. The EV kit circuit features soft-start, output current-limit, and an open-drain active-low reset output PCB pad.
Documentation & Resources
MAX5097AEVKIT: MAX5097A Evaluation Kit Data Sheet (Rev. 0)1/18/2007121K