Features and Benefits
- Routes MPEG Decoder Signals to VCR/TV/AUXSCART Connectors
- On-Board SCART Connectors
- I²C-Compatible 2-Wire Serial Interface
- Easy-to-Use, Menu-Driven Software
- Completely Assembled and Tested
- Includes Windows 98SE/2000/XP-Compatible Software
- EV System Includes USB Connectivity
The MAX4399 evaluation system (EV system) consists of a MAX4399 evaluation kit (EV kit) and a companion Maxim CMODUSB board.
The MAX4399 EV kit is an assembled and tested printed circuit board (PCB) that demonstrates the MAX4399 triple SCART switch matrix. It routes audio, video, and control signals between an MPEG decoder and the VCR/TV/AUX SCART connectors.
The EV kit also includes Windows® 98SE/2000/XP-compatible software, which provides a simple user interface for exercising the MAX4399's features. The program is menu-driven and offers a graphical user interface (GUI) complete with control buttons and a status display.
The Maxim SMBus™ interface board (CMODUSB) allows an IBM-compatible PC to use its USB port to emulate an I²C-compatible 2-wire interface. Order the MAX4399 EV system (MAX4399EVCMODU) for a complete PC-based evaluation of the MAX4399. Order the MAX4399 EV kit (MAX4399EVKIT) if you already have an SMBus interface.
- Cable Set-Top Boxes
- Digital Television (DTV)
- DVD Players
- DVD+R/W Players
- Game Consoles
- Satellite Receivers
- Satellite Set-Top Boxes
- Terrestrial Set-Top Boxes