Features and Benefits
- Real-Time Current Monitoring
- Wide 0 to 28V Input Common-Mode Range Independent of Operating Supply Voltage
- ±0.5% Full-Scale Accuracy
- Lead(Pb)-Free and RoHS Compliant
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX4173 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount PCB that contains a MAX4173TEUT+. The MAX4173 is a high-side, current-sense amplifier with an input common-mode voltage range that extends from 0 to 28V. The current-sense amplifier provides an analog voltage output proportional to the load current flowing through an external sense resistor.
The 20V/V gain version of the MAX4173 (MAX4173TEUT+) and a 150mΩ sense resistor are installed on the board. Other gain versions of the MAX4173 can be evaluated by replacing the MAX4173TEUT+ with a MAX4173FEUT+ (50V/V) or a MAX4173HEUT+ (100V/V) and a user-supplied, external sense resistor. The user can easily match the full-scale sense voltage to the required output-voltage range.
- Cell Phones
- General System/Board-Level Current Monitoring
- Notebook Computers
- PA Bias Control
- Portable Battery-Powered Systems
- Power-Management Systems
- Precision Current Sources
- Smart Battery Packs/Chargers
Documentation & Resources
MAX4173EVKIT: Evaluation Kit for the MAX4173 Data Sheet (Rev. 0)3/16/2009103K
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.