Features and Benefits
- Continuous-TIme Filter - No Clock, No Clock Noise
- Implement Butterworth, Chebyshev, Bessel and Other Filter Responses
- Lowpass, Bandpass Outputs
- Operate from a Single +5V Supply or Dual ±5V Supplies
- Design Software Available
- MAX274 Evaluation Kit Available
- 8th-Order-Four 2nd-Order Sections (MAX274)
- 4th-Order-Two 2nd-Order Sections (MAX275)
- Center-Frequency Range:
- 150kHz for MAX274
- 300kHz for MAX275
- Low Noise:
- -86dB THD Typical for MAX274
- -89dB THD Typical for MAX275
- Center-Frequency Accurate Over Temp:
- within ±1% for MAX274
- within ±0.9% for MAX275
The MAX274 and MAX275 are continuous-time active filters consisting of independent cascadable 2nd-order sections. Each section can implement any all-pole bandpass or lowpass filter response, such as Butterworth, Bessel, Chebyshev, and is programmed by four external resistors. The MAX274/MAX275 provide lower noise that switched-capacitor filters, as well as superior dynamic performance—both due to the continuous-time design. Since continuous-time filters do not require a clock, aliased and clock noise are eliminated with the MAX274/MAX275.
The MAX274 comprises of four 2nd-order sections, permitting 8th-order filters to be realized. Center frequencies range up to 150kHZ, and are accurate to within ±1% over the full operating temperature range. Total harmonic distortion (THD) is typically better than -86dB.
The MAX275 comprises of two 2nd-order sections, permitting 4th-order filters to be realized. Center frequencies range up to 300kHZ, and are accurate to within ±0.9% over the full operating temperature range. Total harmonic distortion (THD) is typically better than -86dB.
Both filters operate from a single +5V supply or from dual ±5V supplies.
- Audio/Sonar/Avionics Frequency Filtering
- DAC Output-Smoothing Filters
- Low-Distortion Anti-Aliasing Filters
- Vibration Analysis
Documentation & Resources
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.