Features and Benefits
- Demonstrates Robustness of MAX20069
- 2.8V to 5.5V Input Range for TFT Power Section
- 4.5V to 42V Input Range for LED Driver Section
- 2.2MHz or 440kHz I2C programmable Boost and Inverted Buck-Boost Switching Frequency with Spread-Spectrum Option on TFT Power Section
- 2.2MHz or 440kHz I2C programmable Boost Frequency with Spread-Spectrum Option on LED Driver Section with four 150mA LED drivers
- TFT Section Default Output Voltages (Stand-alone Mode)
- +6V Output at 150mA (Step-Up Switching Regulator)
- -6V Output at 100mA (Inverting Buck-Boost Switching Regulator)
- +16V Output at 3mA (Positive-Charge Pump)
- -7V Output at 3mA (Negative-Charge Pump)
- HB LED String Output Currents Configurable for 20mA, 50mA, 100mA, 120mA or 150mA
- Demonstrates Cycle-by-Cycle Current-Limit and Thermal-Shutdown Features on Boost LED Driver
- Demonstrates Adaptive Voltage Optimization on LED Driver Section
- I2C Programmability
- Dedicated GUI
- Proven PCB Layout and Thermal Design
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX20069 evaluation kit (EV kit) demonstrates the MAX20069 IC, which is a highly integrated power supply plus LED backlight driver for automotive TFT-LCD applications. The EV kit is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount PCB that provides a complete powermanagement solution for small-size automotive displays. The EV kit demonstrates one buck-boost converter, one boost converter, two gate-voltage controllers, and a boost converter that powers a quad-string LED driver.
The EV kit can be configured to operate in stand-alone mode or in I2C mode.
The TFT bias portion of the EV kit operates from a 2.8V to 5.5V DC supply voltage. The step-up switching regulator (POS) is configured for a 4V to 18V output that provides up to 150mA. The inverting buck-boost converter (NEG) generates a negative output that tracks the positive output (down to a minimum of -7V) and provides up to 100mA. The gate-driver power supplies consist of regulated charge pumps that generate +28V (GVDD) and -21.5V (GVEE) and can deliver up to 3mA each.
The LED driver portion of the EV kit operates from a DC supply voltage of 4.5V up to the HB LED string-forward voltage. The EV kit can withstand a 52V load-dump condition. The EV kit also demonstrates the IC’s features, such as adaptive voltage optimization, Overvoltage and Undervoltage protection, cycle-by-cycle current limit, thermal shutdown, and digital PWM dimming operation using a digital PWM input signal to control the brightness of the HB LEDs.
The EV kit provides an I2C interface that can operate in conjunction with the MINIQUSB+* adapter board or a third party I2C master. The EV kit also includes Windows®- compatible software that provides a simple graphical user interface (GUI) for exercising the features of the IC.
*Note: To be ordered separately.
- Automotive Central Information Displays
- Automotive Dashboards
- Automotive Head Up Displays
- Automotive Navigation System
Documentation & Resources
MAX20069EVKIT ODB File - Design Files10/10/2022TGZ3M
Tools & Simulations
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.