Features and Benefits
- Input Voltage: 4.5V to 36V (Up to 50V Load Dump)
- Drives Six Strings of HB LEDs
- LED Current: 20mA to 120mA
- Demonstrates Both Phase-Shifted and Direct PWM Dimming
- Demonstrates Undervoltage Lockout and Output Short Protection
- Demonstrates Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limit and Thermal-Shutdown Feature
- Demonstrates 5V, 30mA LDO Output Capability
- Proven PCB and Thermal Design
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX20056B evaluation kit (EV kit) demonstrates the MAX20056B, an integrated, 6-channel high-brightness LED driver with very wide PWM dimming ratio and phase shifting for automotive displays.
The EV kit operates from a DC supply voltage from 4.5V to 36V and the switching frequency is set at 400kHz. Spread-spectrum mode (SSM) is enabled for EMI improvement. The EV kit demonstrates direct dim and phase-shifted pulse-width modulation (PWM) dimming. The EV kit also demonstrates short-LED, open- LED, and overtemperature-fault protection.
For operation at switching frequencies other than 400kHz, the external components should be chosen according to the calculations in the MAX20056B IC data sheet.
- Automotive Central Information Displays
- Automotive Dashboards
- Automotive Head-Up Displays
- Automotive Navigation Systems
Documentation & Resources
MAX20056BEVKIT ODB Files - Design Files10/10/2022
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.